PDA

View Full Version : Icons messed up

jmarzan
2008-07-19, 05:08
i'm using win ME, and whenever use spybot to immunize, the firefox and IE icons are distroted or "broken". anybody else (win 98 and win ME users) experiencing this?

jmarzan
2008-07-19, 05:14
One more.

when i start spybot, before loading spybot, a dialog box (with the yes or no option) pops up, but is messed up and unreadable.

what does the first dialog box ask the user?

blues
2008-07-19, 08:48
if the dialog box is from spybot, then i think the dialog box asks if you want to delete temporary files to make scanning with spybot faster. i dont know WHAT temporary files will be deleted, but maybe someone here can tell. the dialog box doesnt appear to me anymore for some reason, i dont know why.

ME_2&
2008-07-19, 11:28
i'm using win ME, and whenever use spybot to immunize, the firefox and IE icons are distroted or "broken". anybody else (win 98 and win ME users) experiencing this?Indeed, this has been noted before elsewhere (/see/ here as d) (http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=206696&postcount=118)) and it has to do with the icon transparency factor - there's not much 98 or ME users can do as their systems do not natively handle .png transparency as well as more up-to-date Windows OSs like XP or Vista. This transparency effect was done to 'smooth' the icon appearance in more recent Windows OSs and is only a cosmetic glitch in 98 and ME, merely affecting the 'look' of the user interface and having no effect on the underlying structure.

No idea about the diabox - is there anything in the titlebar for it? If you could link to a screenshot, that might help. In WinME, if it relates to temp files as blues mentioned, you can manually clean with MS Disk Cleanup and also a rightclick taskbar/ properties, advancedtab "To remove records of recently accessed documents, programs, and Web sites, click Clear." helps to sweep a few things tidy :cleaning:

Zenobia
2008-07-20, 06:54
On a long shot,would the dialog box look somewhat similar to the image in this link?:
http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/9192/sbma9zb.gif