PDA

View Full Version : About scanning after reboot...

stealthmarv
2008-07-19, 23:20
When I choose the option to scan after reboot, I do that, reboot, then that small window shows that it is scanning right after I log in. There are two sets of numbers from both sides of the "Stop Check" button.

The numbers on the right is the approx time it will take to finish scanning. However, what is the number in the left?

When I first used SpybotS&D, I usually do reboot scan and the number I had used to be about /21000. Last scan today, the total number is /175000. The larger the number became, the more time it takes for me to scan. Also my computer has became much slower, along with my internet connection.

Is there any way to reduce that total number at the left side of the "Stop Check" button?

Thanks in advance for any response.

md usa spybot fan
2008-07-19, 23:38
stealthmarv:

The number is the number of spyware checks Spybot is doing. The number has increased because Spybot continues to update its detection files to detect new spyware. More checks take longer to do.

What version of Spybot - Search & Destroy are you running (Spybot » Help » About)? If you are not running Spybot 1.6.0.30, consider upgrading to Spybot 1.6 because that version version of Spybot - Search & Destroy runs in considerably less time than Spybot 1.5.x.xx and below. Downloads are here:
Mirror selection - The home of Spybot-S&D! (http://www.spybot.info/en/mirrors/index.html)

stealthmarv
2008-07-19, 23:53
stealthmarv:

The number is the number of spyware checks Spybot is doing. The number has increased because Spybot continues to update its detection files to detect new spyware. More checks take longer to do.

What version of Spybot - Search & Destroy are you running (Spybot » Help » About)? If you are not running Spybot 1.6.0.30, consider upgrading to Spybot 1.6 because that version version of Spybot - Search & Destroy runs in considerably less time than Spybot 1.5.x.xx and below. Downloads are here:
Mirror selection - The home of Spybot-S&D! (http://www.spybot.info/en/mirrors/index.html)
HAHAHA OH WOW :oops:

I didn't notice I was using an outdated version. I've been using 1.5.2.20.
Thanks so much for letting me know and for the download link.