PDA

View Full Version : Some corruption in warning window in 1.4

richard904
2005-11-10, 22:43
I recently upgraded to version 1.4. When the warning window comes up about allowing a registry change, there appears to be some corruption where the "Yes" or whatever does not appear, and therefore I cannot get the result I try to request. Is this a known problem? What do I do about this?

md usa spybot fan
2005-11-10, 23:11
You apparently activated TeaTimer during the installation of Spybot 1.4. There is currently a bug in TeaTimer 1.4. Portions of TeaTimer's pup-up dialog overlay the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons. If no portion of the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons are showing you can answer TeaTimer's popup dialog (English language version) by pressing "A" on your keyboard for "Allow change" or "D" for "Deny change". You can still use (check) the "Remember this decision" since it is visible.

Please see the attachment for an example of what the TeaTimer dialog should look like and the way it appears in Spybot 1.4.

There is a temporary fix published in a pinned (sticky) thread here:
Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=122
If you can't deal with the problem until it is fixed, you can disable TeaTimer as follows:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
Uncheck the following:Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.