PDA

View Full Version : Sb 1.6 dl ?

bobnrobin
2008-07-24, 18:14
Dumb question here.... Have WXP Home - SP2, SB 1.5+. Dialup connection. Need to DL new 1.6. My connection will take Hours. Only friends with hi-speed have MACS. If they DL 1.6 for me with a MAC and burn to disk, will it work here ?? Or, will I have major "translation" problems ? Thanks much.
bobnrobin

drragostea
2008-07-24, 20:36
The dumb question is the one not asked : ).

And yes, it's possible to download Spybot-SD on a Mac OSX and burn it to a disk.

Or for a even faster way (burned materials on a disc tend to load slower), if you have USB flash drive you can download Spybot and drag the .exe file to the USB, then you can bring it back to your home computer and load it there.

However, the updates will take a while. :sad:

To download Spybot-SD go to:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
--

Safe surfing.

md usa spybot fan
2008-07-24, 20:47
bobnrobin:

I was hoping that someone would jump in and give you a definitive answer, because I have never tried to directly transfer files from a MAC to a Windows system. However, you should be able transfer files from a MAC to a Windows system via a CD or a flash drive without a problem.

Although the instructions in following article were:
Designed for "Cross-Platform Backing Up Instructions: Macintosh to Windows".
Last updated May 4, 2007.
Written for a single campus environment.
There are hints in the article that may help you such as program availability on different Mac OSs, file name considerations between the platforms, etc.:
Macintosh to Windows Back Up Instructions
http://www.wellesley.edu/Computing/Backup/mac-to-windows.html
Give it try, good luck and let us know if you were successful so that others may benefit from your experience.

bobnrobin
2008-07-26, 16:14
Thanks, drragostea and spybot fan, for taking the time to reply.
You've confirmed my suspicions - not an easy out ! Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and take the long way home..... Since neither are local, several States away, I'll just hope to stay connected long enuf to get it all.
Thanks again for your help. It is much appreciated.
bobnrobin