PDA

View Full Version : Virtumonde Infection

KarenB
2008-07-25, 00:26
Please help a novice. Our computer has been infected with several Virtumonde trojans. I downloaded Spybot and ran the scan, then did the fix and rebooted. Still infected so ran the scan again and did the fix. Several windows popped up about allowing or denying some changes to registry. Due to not reading enough of the tutorial, we allowed (thinking this was a good thing). Now the computer does not work at all. The desktop is blank. I can get the task manager to come up and run Spybot, but nothing else. Is there any way to un-do the "Allow" that we chose? Is there a way to save what is left in my computer? I have very little computer knowledge so I don't even know how to send you a report - you would have to walk me through with step-by-step instructions. (OS is XP - I don't know what other information you need or if I am even able to access it!) Is the new external hard-drive that I just installed 2 weeks ago going to be toast also? I just saved all of my pictures to it and am hoping they are still there.

ken545
2008-07-26, 14:24
Hello Karen

Welcome to Safer Networking.

Try this. Press the power button on your computer and then start tapping the F8 Key somewhat rapidly, a menu should open, use your up and down arrow keys to scroll to LAST KNOWN GOOD then press the enter button and see if your system boots up.