PDA

View Full Version : new threat

mbrown09
2008-07-25, 00:52
I am doing a security seminar at my college in the fall. I found a threat on the internet called Windows AntiVirus 2008. I can provide more information concerning at a later date. I downloaded it to see what security programs would detect it and remove it. Once again the reason i did this was to create a virtual hard drive using with Virtual PC and test out security software. The threat came in as Trojan.FakeAlert from AVG. I was wanted to let you know that Spybot did not detect anything related to this with the above updates(7-16-08). I am currently downloading the new updates and plan on running the scans again.

AVG found it cand called it Trojan Horse Fake Alert. The files name is called av2008xp.exe. It is called Antivirus 2008 XP. It installs in a folder called Softland Ltd.\Antivirus 2008 XP.

Like I stated I just wanted to let you know about this new threat. Please e-mail me with any further questions.

I wanted to post this here too other than send it to SpyBot for further discussion and feedback.

Mike

mbrown09
2008-07-25, 00:54
i have gotton that by choice to test against real security software. guess what spybot did not pick it up at all.