PDA

View Full Version : IEXPLORE.EXE running in SYSTEM

fujinraijin
2008-07-25, 18:52
Ok this is my first time asking for Help I have allways been able to find and fix the problems I have gotten do to my Unsafe Browsing, I know the Pitfalls of visiting unsafe sites. I keep up with uptodate virus scanners and other things of that nature. However I havent visited these site since I made my new comp. But as I visited an old friends site I got hit, I dont think he did this on purpose, I dont think he knows his site was infected. but I cant talk to him as were not friends anymore and he changed his email and blocked me form talking to himj through other means.

On to my Problem, I have iexplore.exe running by system, I know its a trojon of sorts due to the fact I dont use IE i detest it, the only time used it was to DL Firefoz right after installing XP. I ran everything from Norton to adaware and a registry cleaner that I have used before and trust to do my lazy work for me. From trusted source (DOD IT professionals gave me a copy). But I cant get rid of this problem. I followed your set for before you post. Ran all things asked and could not find any problem with any of them.

Any Help with this would be great

Blade81
2008-07-30, 10:46
I followed your set for before you post.
Then you probably have a HijackThis log ready. :) Could you post it, please?

Blade81
2008-08-05, 08:46
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

Note:If it has been five days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than five days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or MOD a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.