PDA

View Full Version : Is There Any Reason I Shouldn't Keep-Working, While Running a SpyBot S&D Scan?

ChetVan-derGelder
2008-07-25, 20:21
W/ the exception of an issue involving S&D scans causing systems, w/ certain processors (that I DON'T have), to overheat, I haven't seen anything in the SB S&D Help System or in Online resources that SPECIFICALLY recommends/requires a user to stop working on other projects (programs), while running a scan. I'm not very "tech-savvy" (otherwise, I woldn't be asking this question[!]), but logic wants to steer me in the direction of ceasing all-other work, while S&D works her magic-- Seems like the extra system resources that would be used by other program(s) (-=ESPECIALLY if going online, while running the scan) & the constant changes that would be taking-place, might keep S&D from working as efficiently/effeectively as it should/could(?).
Any thoughts, on the matter?

2008-07-25, 20:36
your work without problems. If you want spybot to be able to scan and not slow down your computer while you work, i suggest the following:

1.) Open spybot.

2.) click mode-advanced mode. Click yes

3.) click settings-settings.

4.) under scanning priority, choose lower or lowest.

This will let you scan with spybot without it slowing your computer down so that you can continue your work. Make note however that the scan may take longer. I hope that helps, and :welcome: to the forums.