PDA

View Full Version : need help

toolowdown
2008-07-28, 01:44
first of all would like to say have used this program for years with great results:)

the problem i have is in my immunization list firefox is listed with double entries
and when i use the feature it wont immunize one of the double cookie entries.

how can i fix these double entries back to just single ones have never had this problem before?

thanks for the help cheers.

2008-07-28, 02:33
any double entries. that problem was solved awhile ago. Are you sure you have the latest version of spybot and latest updates? Also, can you post a screenshot of what you mean?

toolowdown
2008-07-28, 04:59
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b209/toolowdown71/untitled.jpg

here is what it looks like double entries of all the firefox. i have the newest version i tried uninstalling it and reinstalled it but still there:( maybe im missing files when i uninstall it. anyway's thanks and let me know its driveing me nuts cheers.

Greyfox
2008-07-28, 15:43
toolowdown,

Just a thought - Did you by any chance update Firefox recently, perhaps from Firefox 2 to Firefox 3, and if so, did you un-immunise before you updated Firefox?

toolowdown
2008-07-28, 20:44
when i checked the version i have it say's i have 2.0. but this has me stumped i cant figure it out lol.

ME_2&
2008-07-29, 00:09
Possibly you may have another Firefox profile? Most Gecko-based browsers are odd that way - even if you uninstall (and you definitely *should* with FF as an 'over'install may lead to anomalies), a profile is usually left behind so that the new version will pick up all your personal info (bookmarks, passwords and such). The 'doubling up' of entries I haven't seen before personally, perhaps your previous FF had the cookies immunization off? You might try a local search for the hostperm.1 file and backtracking to see if you do indeed have another FF profile ..

Or (just spitballing here) another account on your computer? Sometimes that can also lead to confusion (;

drragostea
2008-07-29, 00:11
toolowdown, when you said version 2.0 was that in the Firefox browser?

Also, are there multiple users on your computer or are you the only user?

I recall there was one time, when I was testing AlterEgo, and I found multiple entries in the Immunize feature. PepiMK, suggested that I delete the unneeded accounts in the Application Folder. :scratch:

Zenobia
2008-07-29, 00:36
Or (just spitballing here) another account on your computer? Sometimes that can also lead to confusion (;

I noticed when me and the other account on the computer are both logged on,that I have double entries,too.They disappear when one user is logged off.That's not likely what's going on I know,but thought I'd bring it up,anyways,just in case.