PDA

View Full Version : need help

tcmedlin
2008-07-29, 01:04
im running xp and spybot s&d vers 1.5.2
something happened and now my browsers (IE7 and firefox) will not go to a page. it says site found but wont bring up the pages. I have an internet connection as i can use media player to watch media off the internet.
I have seen a pop up saying "Registery deinal blacklist". I looked at the S&D log and it says Denied (based on user blacklist)value "spybotdeleting3700"(new data deleted in system startup user entry!. I get this entry every time i try to go to a different web site. I never get to the website with IE or firefox. I have turned off S&D but it still doesnt work. any ideas?

drragostea
2008-07-29, 04:06
In TeaTimer 1.5 >>:

If you check "Remember this decision" on a registry change, the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically "Allow" or "Deny" similar registry changes for all future changes. To edit that information: Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon (labeled "Spybot-SD Resident") and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":
Allowed registry changes
Blocked registry changes
Allowed processes
Blocked processes
You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons. If entries you are interested in are for registry changes, the entries that you should review are in "Allowed registry changes" and "Blocked registry changes". You can delete stored entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete, answering "Yes" to the confirmation dialog and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done.
--
I think you mistakenly chose "Remember my Decision" for the 'Spybotdeleting3700' entry, thus the TeaTimer pop-up comes up continually. What this entry means is that Spybot [probably] was successful in removing the entry on bootup or the user canceled the scan. This occurs when Spybot is unable to remove the detected entry in normal mode, because either it is locked or is in use.

What you can do is right click the TeaTimer icon on the task bar and choose 'Settings' and then find the entry you chose 'Remember my Decision' for and double click on the red X. This will undo the change. The pop-up said user blacklist, so we can assume you chose 'Remember my Decision'.

Do you use a firewall? How about an anti-virus program?

Are you still having malware trouble?

What happens when you enter an address in the browser? Does it load a blank page and just stalls?

Terminator
2008-07-29, 15:10
You are using an out of date version of Spybot, Please download and Install Spybot 1.6.0.30.