PDA

View Full Version : Allhives

botnik
2008-07-29, 19:29
290708 1824

Good Day!

1. According to Spybot Help, I can scan all partitions
by doing the following:

"To scan your system including installations on other partitions, right-click the link/icon you use to start Spybot-S&D, and add /allhives to the command line (separated by a space from the rest). If you now start Spybot-S&D through this link, it will automatically detect other installations, and scan theirs registries and files as well."

Problem is. that when I right click my icon,
no address entry appears which I can edit~the Spybot programme just opens up.
Advice would be appreciated please

2. In one section of help (above) I'm told to leave a space after "the rest"
but in another part of help, the modified addredss is shown in Spybot without any space after "the rest"

Which is the correct version, please?

2. Could some kind member also inform me how I can verify whether my drive has any partitions

Thank you

md usa spybot fan
2008-07-29, 20:20
botnik:

Right click on the shortcut to Spybot and select Properties. Then in the Shortcut tab in the Target entry you can add parameters such as /allhives.

The /allhives parameter is used if you have two installations on your system, like a dual-boot setup. See:
I have two installations on my hard disk. Can I scan both at the same time?
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/41.html
One way to tell if there are multiple partitions on a disk is to go into Control Panel » Performance and Maintenance (if in Category View) » Administrative Tools » Computer Management » Storage Management » Storage » Disk Management. Are there multiple partitions (different drive letters) listed for the same physical disk? Note: Partitions are listed horizontally for each disk which are listed vertically.