PDA

View Full Version : Can't log into a few websites after Spybot installed

hoyeman
2008-07-30, 18:22
Hi
I am not able to log onto a few websites since I have down loaded Spybot. Two of the sites that I type my user name and password into just show the screne again without my name and password and do not let me in. Another redircts me to a statement that cookies are turned off. I am using Windows xp and have put these sites in "allow" setting. All other web sites still work as normal. Any ideas?

Thanks
David

drragostea
2008-07-30, 18:40
Perhaps saying what those sites are will help.

md usa spybot fan
2008-07-30, 18:53
hoyeman:

What version of Spybot - Search & Destroy are you running (Spybot » Help » About)?

What Web browser are experiencing the problem with, i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.?

If the problem is with Internet Explorer, when you installed Spybot did you elect to "Use Internet Explorer protection (SDHelper)" on the "Select Additional Tasks" screen (which is normally selected by default).

What sites are you having problems logging on to?

hoyeman
2008-07-30, 21:21
Craigslist and Woot are the sites giving me problems while using internet explorer. Version 1.5.2.20 that was recently updated and I used the default setup but have since unselcted sdhelper. ???

Thanks

wyrmrider
2008-07-30, 23:19
OK
first un-immunize
then turn off t-timer and Sd-helper - you may have already done this
then remove Spybot in add remove programs
reboot
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html
run the small fix
reboot
install ver 1.6
update and reimmunize
report back

hoyeman
2008-07-31, 07:06
wyrmrider

I did everything as suggested and still the same problem. ???

md usa spybot fan
2008-07-31, 18:57
hoyeman:

Since you indicated that you have disabled "SDHelper", the only thing that I can think of that may be causing problems logging on to those sites would be the immunization of cookies. Certain sites require that you allow the storing of third party cookies (tracking cookies) to interact with the site (although normally a site that requires the storing of third party cookies will notify you that you must allow the storing of third party cookies).

To see if the problem is caused by blocking the storing of third party cookies:
Go into Spybot » Immunize.
Right click on the immunization list in the right hand pane and select "Deselect all".
Check the all items identified as "… (Cookies)".
Then click the "Undo" button at the top of the right hand pane.
Reboot your system and retest access to those sites.
Please let us know the results of your test.

hoyeman
2008-08-01, 01:32
This did not work either. I even allowd 3rd party cookies. I downloaded firefox and do not have the problem there.

Thanks for the help. If you have any other ideas for IE I would appreciate it.