PDA

View Full Version : cannot find "combobatch.bat" combofix error

JBourne
2008-07-31, 14:49
Hi, I have a question regarding an error I am getting after having used Combofix to clean an infected system. I apologize if this is not the correct forum for this type of inquiry. I could not find any others ones that are more relevant and I noticed that most helpers here are very familiar with this program.

I ran Combofix without the assistance of this forum -- I copied combofix.exe to the desktop of a system infected with the smitfraud/coolWWWsearch/controlMan cocktail, ran the file, and followed all instructions. It has cleaned the infected system successfully. Neither Spyware, Kaspersky or other scanners find any infections now, but I am getting a "Windows cannot find C:\combofix\combobatch.bat" error when Windows loads. Windows still loads up fine, and otherwise works great, but I was wondering whether any helpers know how to stop Windows from looking for this file at startup? I have run Combofix.exe /u to uninstall combofix but this issue persists. Thank you.

katana
2008-08-05, 09:53
A word of warning: Neither I nor sUBs are responsible for any damage you may have caused your machine by running ComboFix on your own. This tool is not a toy and not for everyday use.
ComboFix SHOULD NOT be used unless requested by a forum helper

Click here (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/_download/HJTInstall.exe) to download HJTinstall.exe
Save HJTinstall.exe to your desktop.
Double click on the HJTinstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Hijack This.
Click I accept
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.