PDA

View Full Version : Error retrieving update info file!

mirzahat
2006-03-24, 10:07
Hello,
I the following errors occur when I try to update Spybot (Search for updates):
Error retrieving update info file!
Socket Error # 11004

I cannot run spybot without the update. Does anybody know the reason?
The internet connection is ok?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mirza

Zenobia
2006-03-24, 10:16
Please have a look here:
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=16031&postcount=2

mirzahat
2006-03-24, 10:22
thx :)))))))))))))))

Zenobia
2006-03-24, 10:28
You're welcome. :)

VeryAnnoyed
2010-04-15, 05:17
It still didn't work for me. Although, it asks me for a username and password after putting in my IP and my port #. How can I fix this?

spybotsandra
2010-04-15, 10:25
It still didn't work for me. Although, it asks me for a username and password after putting in my IP and my port #. How can I fix this?

Hello,

What asks for your username and password?
Your firewall?
Do you also get the "socket error"?
Or only the "error retrieving update info file"?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

mwc19
2010-06-02, 17:33
Doesn't work for me either. I get no socket error msg. Sometimes I do get error on scan saying can't run until i do update. I have used Spybot for awile and never had a problem till maybe 3 weeks ago. I did update and everything seemed fine till I tried to do next update. My oldest son runs spybot on his laptop, conects to internet through my router and he does not have any problems. One thing I have noticed though is that the spybot server list has changed since last time i was able to update.

Also when I try to go to www.safer-networking.org I usually get blank screen, ie cannot display this page. I say usually because sometimes I get redirected to google search results for spybot.

Zenobia
2010-06-06, 07:17
There is a direct download link here for the manual detection updates.
http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe
See if you can download those.Just save it to somewhere on your computer(such as your desktop),then doubleclick it,it's self-installing.

Are you having any other problems with the computer,such as pop-ups,etc.?