PDA

View Full Version : Installation of spybot

computass
2008-08-04, 10:52
Hi, does anybody know if it is possible to install spybot on a computer that does not have an active internet connection?

blues
2008-08-04, 11:16
yes, it is possible. but you cant download it without a connection of course.

you can download spybot with a computer that have a connection and then burn it on cd and install it on your computer from the cd afterwards. there are probably other ways to do it other than burning it on cd, but i dont know how you do it.

computass
2008-08-04, 14:50
Thanks for the reply, I have downloaded it and put it on a memory stick which is fine, but when you start the installation the program immediately tries to go online to download more software and you can not get beyond this point unless you have a connection, I need a way to stop the installation file trying to contact the website.

blues
2008-08-04, 14:56
as i remember when installing spybot, i was not forced to update it immediately. see if you can stop it, as i wont uninstall and install spybot just to check this.

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-04, 15:22
computass:

To skip the updates during the installation, when you get to the "Select Components" screen during the installation, uncheck "Download updates immediately".

After the installation is complete update the detection files manually. Go to the following WEB page:
Downloads – The home of Spybot-S&D!
http://www.spybot.info/en/download/index.html
Download following item:
Detection updates 2008-07-30 - product description
md5: 65C6FBFDE9EF6D25CD8084F62837FE90

This updates the detection rules. Only needed if you do not want to use the update function integrated into Spybot-S&D.
Execute the update program (spybotsd_includes.exe) on the non-internet connected system.