PDA

View Full Version : Contacting Safer Networking

eehines
2008-08-04, 15:32
Safer Networking's anti-spam (type in the scrambled word with the graphic background) seems dysfunctional.

When I tried contacting them by email their emailer requires that I type in the image-scrambled word, but it always said I'd typed the wrong thing. The word really is quite clearly presented against its imagery background, and I'm sure I type the right thing at least once in my several tries. Further, I had to do the same scrambled word trick five minutes later to join this forum, and I succeeded on the first try, so it wouldn't seem to be anything in my system.

I'm running WinXP Pro, and the above failed both in Firefox 3.0 and in IE 6.0.2900. Can someone please pass the word so this can be addressed?

Thanks

Eric Hines

blues
2008-08-04, 15:44
as i remember, the word is random and i have also had trouble with it.

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-04, 16:02
Eric:

What specific area are you trying to contact?
@ Bugs
Get support if you experience bugs in our software, report details about known bugs, ...
@ Software
General information about our software, ...
@ Detections
Report new threats or ask questions about existing detections, ...
@ Press
Information for press articles, agreements to include software on Cover CDs, ...
@ Donations
Contact address for getting bank account information for donations and other donation related questions ...
@ Licenses
Contact address for information about business licenses, ...
@ Languages
The place for translators of exisiting or new localizations, ...
You can use a direct email address for each of those areas.

If this is in regard to your following query, answer my questions and I can get you out of the situation you are in:
Unblackisting Problems
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=32018

daemon
2008-08-04, 16:07
Hello eehines,

I just tested the contact form with three different browsers (Firefox 3.0.1, Internet Explorer 6.0 and Konqueror 3.5.9) and could not reproduce the problem.

The only requirement for this form should be that our site is allowed to set a cookie. Do you have cookies allowed for our site?

Are you using any additional software that may filter your web traffic?

daemon

eehines
2008-08-05, 15:44
Folks,

I was attempting to contact
"@ Software
General information about our software, ..."

Also, I do block cookies, but I have both Firefox and IE set to ask me about them, rather than blindly block them, so I can accept the appropriate ones. I got no notice of a cookie wanting to be set during any of this. I use ZoneAlarm as my soft firewall, but it's set, also, to advise/ask me about all events rather than acting solely on its own recognizance.

As md usa spybot fan noted, this was in conjunction with my other post, since resolved. My resolution will be in that that thread.

Thanks

Eric Hines