PDA

View Full Version : Weird sound

CeeBee
2008-08-06, 23:22
Am I the only one hearing that idiotic whistle coming from SD Resident? With every application starting that little lock starts turning around and the whisling sound starts.

I've been looking for a way to disable it (save for shutting down SD resident) but was unsuccessful so far. Anyone knows how to silence it?

Thanks in advance!

DougCuk
2008-08-07, 01:16
I assume you are referring to the sound-effect that accompanies each process scanned by SD Resident? As far as I can see this only exists if you have the Beta version of TeaTimer installed (v1.6.1.21). If you have that version then disabling the "Show Info Balloons" in the TeaTimer (SD Resident/Lock Symbol) right click menu also seems to cancel the sound effects too.

CeeBee
2008-08-07, 10:29
I assume you are referring to the sound-effect that accompanies each process scanned by SD Resident? As far as I can see this only exists if you have the Beta version of TeaTimer installed (v1.6.1.21). If you have that version then disabling the "Show Info Balloons" in the TeaTimer (SD Resident/Lock Symbol) right click menu also seems to cancel the sound effects too.

Thanks. It worked for at least most processes. An occasional sound still pops up, but it's bearable. :clown:

CeeBee
2008-08-07, 21:28

BTW It's version v1.6.1.22 I'm running. That Teatimer dialog also says I'm running version 1.6.0.30 of S&D but when I open the main S&D window it states I'm running S&D versioin 1.6.0.31...... :rolleyes:

I just updated following normal update procedures, that is procedure as usual, not some beta version. Anyhow, sound almost disappeared, and that was the main point. Thanks.