PDA

View Full Version : Scanning every process started

diiuliorj
2008-08-07, 02:57
I just updated to 1.6 and every time I start a application, Spybot scans the application. This has become very annoying, is there any way to stop this, as I do a weekly scan of my system.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Greyfox
2008-08-07, 03:30
I just updated to 1.6 and every time I start a application, Spybot scans the application. This has become very annoying, is there any way to stop this, as I do a weekly scan of my system.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

I suspect what you are talking about is the balloon that come up with each new process. If so this is the Teatimer, and it is affording you real time protection as opposed to your weekly scans that will only serve to let you know you have a problem after the event.

There are several options you can choose from

The first is to turn off the balloons - this will still give you the protection but won't keep reminding you it is working - incidentally these get less and less as Teatimer "remembers" ones it has previously scanned. (Until the cache is cleared at the next update)

The second is to turn off Teatimer. Open Spybot in advanced mode, goto Tools/Resident and untick Resident Teatimer. You will loose Teatimer's real time protection, but that's your choice. You will still have the benefits of the Spybot immunisation and the on demand after the event scan.

diiuliorj
2008-08-07, 03:47
How do I turn of the ballons?

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-07, 05:26
diiuliorj:

Right click on TeaTimer's icon (actually titled "Spybot-SD Resident") which should be present in the taskbar notification area (system tray) and uncheck "Show info ballons" by clicking on it.