PDA

View Full Version : Constant system notification

emileo
2008-08-07, 08:19
I just updated Spybot. It required a new engine to be downloaded. After restart my "System Notification" sound randomly sounded. This became very annoying. I uninstalled the programs I recently installed, thinking they were to blame. No luck. Checked my system setting. No luck. Finally I uninstalled Spybot and no more "System Notification". Is there a reason for this? Is there a fix?

Greyfox
2008-08-07, 10:49
emileo,

Your question is a bit vague, you don't say what your operating system is, or what version of Spybot you now. You don't specify what programs you have installed or uninstalled relating to your problem and unfortunately you have not really described your problem sufficiently to positively identify it, but for a guess:-

You possibly have beta updates turned on, and in the latest update Teatimer has been updated. The way to identify this is that "balloons" will popping up above the right hand end of the task bar each time teatimer scans a new process. When they do they are accompainied by an audible blip.

If this is what you are talking about, right click on the Teatimer icon in the task bar (a small Spybot icon with a padlock on it) and untick show info balloons.

If my guess is wrong, please post back with some additional details

emileo
2008-08-11, 03:07
Thanks Greyfox,

Your suggestion was exactly correct. I turned off "Show info balloons" and presto the blips stopped. Thanks again