PDA

View Full Version : Spybot S&D 1.6.0 - unwanted features

sweets53
2008-08-07, 11:28
Yesterday I installed spybotsd 160.exe, a 14.3 mb download on my computer. I'm using a dialup ISP, Windows XP Home Edition SP2 IE 6. I created a restore point before installing in case I didn't like the program. I installed the entire program including teatimer and updated the program before running a scan. One feature I do not care for is when I go to shut down, there is a pop up that notifies me of a couple of "white list" features that Spybot allows. I think I allowed these two features on my initial scan because I'm not having any problems with my system. I have a couple questions:
Is there any way to stop these notifications ? What's the best way to uninstall Spybot entirely if I chose to: from the Control Panel, from Start - All Programs - Spybot - Search and Destroy - Uninstall Spybot S & D, from System Restore or any other method ? Can you provide a link to the proper use of the program as I'm a little bit unsure and don't want to make mistakes? Please if you will answer all questions and Thank you

2008-08-07, 22:24
to your questions here: http://www.spybot.info/en/faq/index.html

I have read your questions and i know you will find all the answers there that you seek. Read and enjoy!!

PS: Also have you read the help file? That will also answer your questions, if not see the above link. :)
:welcome: to spybot!

sweets53
2008-08-07, 23:56
Thank you.
During my first scan I "allowed" a certain registry change in startup only because I'm not having any problems with my system presently. Looking at my Notepad, it appears it was "untd_recovery". How can I be sure this was a good decision, can I look it up? What would've happened if I denied something that was necessary?