PDA

View Full Version : Spybot S&D 1.6 - won't immunize Netscape 9.0.0.3

xbeemer
2008-08-07, 14:50
We have three separate user accounts running in XP Pro, SP3. Also running AVG Free and Zone Alarm. Three different browsers are in use (Firefox 3, IE7 and Netscape 9.0.0.3), depending on user preference (mine is Netscape).

Spybot 1.6 leaves me with 5462 unprotected items after running immunization, all of them against Netscape. I've tried all the fixes suggested so far (most of them for Firefox) but none have worked. I'm not very happy about this but I'm not intending to move from Netscape. Any suggestions?

spybotsandra
2008-08-07, 15:17
Hello,

That seems to be a bug in our new version 1.6.
But we have already located and are working on a solution.
As a workaround you can do the following:
Go to the folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox
or:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Netscape\Navigator\Profiles\randomid.default\
There please delete the permissions.sqlite and generate a new file for the hostperm.1 that is empty.
Now please immunize again.
That should solve the problem.

This information is also available in our forum:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=30681

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

xbeemer
2008-08-07, 20:30
Hi Sandra,

I'd already tried that and it hasn't worked. Perhaps I should hang fire and wait for the solution being worked on.

:sad:

xbeemer
2008-08-14, 18:21
Cracked it! What I eventually had to do was:

a. Uninstall Firefox 3
b. Uninstall Spybot 1.6
c. Search for and delete ALL permissions.sqlite files on my C:\ drive
d. Install Firefox 2
e. As previously advised by Sandra, create and save empty hostperm.1 files in the appropriate Firefox and Netscape folders
f. Reinstall Spybot 1.6, update and immunize. Lo and behold - it worked!
g. Updated Firefox to version 3 - and it still works!

:):):)

mstyers
2008-08-27, 23:30
I had success with Sandra's method the only difference was that I deleted permissions.sqlite and created a new empty hostperm.1 file in both the C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\randomid.default\ and C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Netscape\Navigator\Profiles\randomid.default\ directories. Make sure all your browsers and SpyBot are closed.
After that, open SpyBot and immunize.

Thanks Sandra!

spybotsandra
2008-08-29, 18:56
Hello,

Glad that it worked. :)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot