PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Cookies

BigZMan
2008-08-07, 19:28
Hi

Just upgraded to 1.6 today, on the bleeding edge....

I am trying to delete all the cookies that I have not checked in the ignore cookies section.

I have cookies SBI enabled in the file sets section. When I run a scan I do not get any of the unchecked cookies, indeed I get no cookies.

I have enabled the usage tracks.uti in the same section, but only get apps, still no cookies.

I have tried to use the secure schredder tool, but it imports all the cookies. I want to keep 40 or 50 of them, so I am not really interested in removing the ones I want to keep. Besides I would need to do this each time.

There is no manual "delete unchecked cookies" in the ignore cookies, nor is there any right click functionality to delete these, and this would be another tediuos solution.

Am I missing something???

Cheers

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-08, 14:10
BigZMan:

When you go into Spybot » Mode » Advanced mode » Settings » File Sets. The last two items are "Usage Tracks". The first of these two items (Usage Tracking) lists IE Cache (temporary internet files), Common Dialogs, Cookie, History and some Logs during a "Check for problems".

The item listed in green as Cookie are the normal (non tracking cookies) found in the system. If you check that item before doing a "Fix selected problems" the cookies not checked in "Ignore cookies" should be deleted.

BigZMan
2008-08-09, 18:33
Super. That works!

I had run this before, but was unclear of what I was seeing in the results. It said (cookies 329) but I gould not expand it to see individual entries, and was not clear on what would happen

Thanks.......