PDA

View Full Version : Resident Issue ??

smokumchevy
2006-03-25, 16:04
If I activate Resident (both options) on my xpsp2 computor it brings back all the issues we worked so hard to clean here:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=3173

I don't know what to do now??!!

Any advise?

thks,
-Greg

md usa spybot fan
2006-03-25, 19:26
Is your system OK now or do you need to have it cleaned up again?

If your system is running OK except not being able to activate the resident options without problems then read on, otherwise I suggest that the post again in the Malware Removal forum.

I do not believe that you should encounter any problems with activating the following Resident option:
Resident "SDHelper" (Internet Explorer bad download blocker) Active.
However, TeaTimer may be remembering actions you took and registry entries that you had in the past. To start TeaTimer fresh:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident
Uncheck (if checked) the following:
Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.
Exit Spybot.
Using Windows Explorer navigate to the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Excludes
Delete the following files:
RegKeyWhite.sbe RegKeyBlack.sbe ProcWhite.sbe ProcBlack.sbe
Using Windows Explorer navigate to the following folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Snapshots
Either delete the folder or all the files in the folder.
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident
Check the following:
Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

smokumchevy
2006-03-26, 15:11
Thks for replying.......

The only issue I don't see returned was the actualy virus nor its brower issues, but entries that I was asked to remove had returned as well as a couple new ones that were not there before.

I'm going to clean the ones out as I was instructed before and create a new HJT log. Do you want me to make a new post in the malware forum title "pls check my log" ? or do you want me to just post a new log into my 'archived' initial post?

pls advise & thks,
Greg

tashi
2006-03-26, 17:57
Hello smokumchevy.
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=3173

CalamityJane
If you should need it reopened again for any reason, please feel free to send a private message to the Admins or Moderators with a link to the topic you wish reopened.

I have moved your topic back to the malware forum, please pm CalamityJane and let her know you wish to continue.

Thanks.

smokumchevy
2006-03-27, 07:43
Thankyou, will do......