PDA

View Full Version : Immunization deletes even wanted cookies

LigH1L
2008-08-08, 11:27
Each week the same issue: I update Spybot, immunize the browsers -- and lost all my favourite bulettin board logins, phpMyAdmin settings, and so on.

Do I have to look up all cookies in all browsers and add those to a whitelist I do not wish to get deleted by Spybot Immunization?

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-08, 13:12
LigH1L:

Immunization does not affect cookies stored in the system. Scanning for "Usage Tracks" and selecting to clear cookies without first doing an "Ignore cookies" would.

Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Settings > File Sets. The last two items are "Usage Tracks" and should only be checked if you want to check for them (I personally don't). The first of these two items (Usage Tracking) lists IE Cache (temporary internet files), Common Dialogs, Cookies (see Note #1 below) and some Logs.[/list]
The second item (Tracks.uti) will list various MRUs (Most Recently Used) records. One of these is "MS Media Player".

During a "Check for problems" "Usage Tracks" are not selected for fixing by default. If you do not what to clear any cookies don't check the item before doing a "Fix selected problems". To selectively delete cookies, see Note #1.

Note #1: To ignore selected cookies from purge:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Ignore cookies > check any cookies that you want to keep.