PDA

View Full Version : Uninstall

itbookham
2008-08-08, 11:53
Hi,

I tried to uninstall SpyBot 1.6.0. on a Vista platform when the following error message appeared:

Service "SBSD Security Center Service" failed to uninstall with error: "System error. Code 1060. The specified service does not exist as an installed service".

I am logged in as a user with administrator priviliges.

Would appreciate any advice on how to remove the program, as I am having problems with a computer that is very slow and need to see if uninstalling SpyBot will help.

Thanks,
Mark

spybotsandra
2008-08-08, 12:25
Helo,

You can also delete the Windows Security Entry manually.
Please have a look at this flash tutorial on:
How to remove the Spybot-S&D Windows Security Center entry (http://www.safer-networking.org/flash/howto/overview.html)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

itbookham
2008-08-08, 14:03
Hi Sandra,

Thank you for these details. I have got to the point of accessing the query results in WMI tester but the two strings of alphanumeric characters are different to those in the video clip?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mark

pgt25
2008-10-17, 13:06
When attempting to uninstall version 1.5 of SBSD it said "system error" Code 1060. At the end of the tutorial to remove SBSD Windows Security Center entry ...A "duh what should I do now thang" happened when at the AntiSpywareProduct screen there was only one ID number in the list that was not the same one specified to delete.

I deleted it anyway and was able to install version 1.6, but when closing SBSD program (after updating and scan) I got: "unable to evecute file:
C:\ProgramFiles\Spybot-Search&Destroy\SDWinSec.exe Create Process Failed; code740 The requested operation requires elevation"

Yes, it was spelled elevation! I ass-ume it's typo and should be evaluation.
Anyway, what should I do now? Any HELP will be max appreciated !

md usa spybot fan
2008-10-17, 14:34
pgt25:

... it was spelled elevation! I ass-ume it's typo and should be evaluation.
Anyway, what should I do now? ...
No, it is "elevation", meaning the elevation of administrator rights.

In regard to your latest query about uninstalling, see this thread:
Installation error message
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=34858

graphicsguy
2009-08-22, 17:38
[QUOTE=md usa spybot fan;244634]pgt25:

"...No, it is "elevation", meaning the elevation of administrator rights."

Ouch ! ! !