PDA

View Full Version : New processes have been scanned

Spideri
2008-08-08, 17:50
I downloaded Spybot 1.6 yesterday. Now when I navigate around the internet I get a pop up in the lower right corner saying "Spybot - Search & Destroy (upper line) New processes have been scanned" (lower line). Is there a way to stop this message from popping up? Thanks.

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-08, 18:03
Spideri:

Right click on TeaTimer's icon (actually titled "Spybot-SD Resident") which should be present in the taskbar notification area (system tray) and uncheck "Show info balloons" by clicking on it.

Spideri
2008-08-08, 19:50
md,

Thanks for remedy. That took care of it.

Spideri

jnk_spybot
2008-08-09, 04:58
Yeah, thank you for this tip. I was getting annoyed to the point of wanting to uninstall it -- or at the very least, disable the resident.

Note to Safer-Networking ... perhaps having notifications turned off by default would have been a better choice.

immaculate
2008-08-09, 09:12
Thanks from me too - it was driving me slightly mad!

GeorgeC
2008-08-09, 16:39
I installed SD 1.6 yesterday, and am generally pleased with the new software. However, I too am annoyed with the pop up info balloons and the clicking sound for the process scans. Unchecking the "show info balloons" had no effect, and I still have balloons and clicks. Am I missing something?

GeorgeC
2008-08-09, 20:59
After a restart, after unchecking the "show balloon info", there is no longer a problem. The only balloons that show up now are the ones where a registry entry is changing, which is fine, but the frequent process scan balloons were a bother. I should have known a restart would be necessary.