PDA

View Full Version : CLI /Autoimmunize tag seems broken in SpyBot 1.6

cabal
2008-08-09, 00:34
Greetings,

I am starting a separate thread as I don't want to intrude on other similar GUI-related Immunization problems.

The following test is repeatable:

-start with a fresh install of WindowsXP SP3 (I use virtual machines for testing, yay VMWare!) There are no other applications on the system.
-download and install spybot 1.6, use the default install settings without customizing anything.
-open the command prompt
-"C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /taskbarhide /autoimmunize /autoclose
-wait until the task manager reports the "SpybotSD.exe" process as gone.
-start the Spybot 1.6 GUI, and go to the "Immunize" button

-The GUI reports every item as unprotected. I can manually use the Immunize button in the GUI and everything gets immunized. It's only the CLI that seems to not work.

Repeat the above test with Spybot 1.4, and the items get immunized for the local user using the CLI. Version 1.6, it does not happen.

BTW, kudos to the developers who improved the Immunization GUI to apply to all users on the local system. This is something that Spybot has needed for a long time, and I must say that the GUI works very well. I just want the CLI to catch up and be equally as cool... :-)

I'm no programmer, but I would be happy to assist in testing or resolving this issue in any way I can.

Thanks,
John N.
cabal@u.washington.edu