PDA

View Full Version : Spybot notifications

hogansdaddy
2008-08-09, 15:35
This is my first post, and it is a simple one, as will any other posts I make, as I'm no techy. Is there a way to disable the pop ups that are SB notifications of Whitelist items being allowed?These are rather annoying, and it's only started with the latest download of SB.

drragostea
2008-08-11, 02:18
I don't think there is an option to disable the "box" that display such and such (eg. "daddy.exe" was blocked based on user's blacklist). Was it like that?

Is this becoming a problem?

Greyfox
2008-08-11, 09:28
This is my first post, and it is a simple one, as will any other posts I make, as I'm no techy. Is there a way to disable the pop ups that are SB notifications of Whitelist items being allowed?These are rather annoying, and it's only started with the latest download of SB.

The Teatimer notifications of Whitelist items being allowed (or black list not being allowed) have been there for ages, however in the latest Teatimer they are displayed in a balloon rather than the original pop up box. I believe this was done to standardize the format.

Whilst you can turn off the information balloons relating to Teatimer's process scanning, that does not stop these white/black list reminder messages, and that I understand is a safeguard to let you know that the event is occurring, and also to help overcome time wasting witch hunts because you have forgotton you made that decision at some stage in the past. In most instances I would not have expected users to have a huge number of "remembered" white or black decisions and so these messages should not be real problem.