PDA

View Full Version : 1.60 and deleting log after scan...

freestyle99
2008-08-09, 17:05
Upgraded to 1.60 from 1.5.2....Did immunization so when I run a scan all that pops up now is the green results...Log being one of them....

With 1.6 after I check all the green including log and it fixes/deletes them 1.6 now asks about changing the registry when it gets to the log entries....Like it is monitoring itself for wanting to delete the log entries...

What action should be taken when that dialog box comes up? Allow the changes to the registry or deny them?

Thanks for any help in advance...

Craig

Zenobia
2008-08-10, 07:52
I don't get notifications from Teatimer when deleting the Log entries with Spybot.So,since I'm curious,could you post your resident log?Open Spybot,click Mode->Advanced Mode->Tools,then Resident.In the window to the right,rightclick and select Select All,then rightclick and select Copy,then paste it here.

Greyfox
2008-08-10, 08:07
freestyle99,

I hope your statment that you "Upgraded to 1.60 from 1.5.2" is a typo and it should read the other way round.

If you go into Spybot, Advanced mode/Tools/Resident. Untick Teatimer. Close Spybot then reboot. This should clear out some run once only residue from the upgrade. Reboot again and then go back into Spybot and retick the Teatimer box. The problem of Teatimer flagging the run once entries should then be gone. Edit: or more accurately the run once entries will no longer be there.

Your other comment about the scan is probably because it has no setting ticked for which file set to use, and is only scanning for usage tracking. The only time I have experienced this is when an upgrade has been installed without first removing the previous version. Again go into Spybot/Advanced Mode. Click on Settings, then file sets. In the right hand side of the screen, in the white area, right click and select "All available checks". Now all the tick boxes on the left hand side should have ticks in them and that problem should also be solved.

Zenobia
2008-08-10, 08:26
I'd still like it if you posted the resident log,please,if you will.I want to see the info on this.Thanks. :)