PDA

View Full Version : Pop ups for 2 days and I'm already going nuts

Xeriousone
2008-08-09, 20:44
The pop ups from the latest update are making me want to disable the Tea timer as they are making that whole "pop" noise when they show up. I don't need to hear and see a pop up every time I start a new program. Could the team figure out some way to set it up so I can disable this pop up? :spider:
Other than that it's been a great update with a lot of work going into it by a great team. :)

sings2high
2008-08-09, 21:05
I installed 1.6 this morning and I've already reached the screaming point. You get the "POP" noise when you open a new program? I was getting them every 5-10 seconds! Every time it started scanning a new system process. It only took me 10 minutes to start yelling...and that is just not my style. It literally gave me a headache.

Here's what I did: Open Spybot S&D. click on Mode, then Advanced Mode. Confirm the choice. Click on the choice Tools, then Resident. Uncheck the box Resident "Tea-timer" (protection of overall system settings) active.

Click on Mode again and change mode back to basic, then get out of there.

This turns the Tea-timer off until you restart. However, I'm still waiting for a workaround that actually lets us use the Tea-timer.
Ruth

kanela
2008-08-09, 21:15
:scratch::eek::hair: Yes! The constant *POP!* from the tea timer can drive you crazy!!!

DougCuk
2008-08-10, 00:48
The popping sound accompanies each popup balloon notification from the SD Resident process scanner. So unless you have disabled ALL Windows balloon notifications this should be an obvious starting point for your answer.

The point of a Forum is that others may already have solved your problem in an existing thread. You will find at least 11 threads that answer the question of how to disable the notifications/balloons/popups - and it has been noted many times that this also cancels the sound-effect as well.

Try this one http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=32135
Or this one http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=32237

Xeriousone
2008-08-29, 00:24
I didn't have a problem with the pop ups... my whole problem was the constant popping apparently caused by my printer confirming it's connection every minute or even more often. The constant popping caused me to shut down tea timer several times and today I updated and was thrilled with the note that I could disable the pop ups as an easy fix from the icon in the bottom right corner. Thanx a ton Team Spybot. :)