PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 not deleting cookies

dkkit
2005-11-11, 19:45
With 1.3, cookies were deleted except those checked for ignore. I updated to 1.4 by using add/delete programs and then installed 1.4. I am using advanced mode and have everything checked in settings/file sets except usage tracking (same settings I used in 1.3). No unchecked cookies are detected for deletion. I have to remove them manually or use ccleaner. One option is to remove 1.4 completely and then reinstall but is there an easier way to restore the cookie deletion function?

David

dkkit
2005-11-12, 00:49
I just did a clean removal of 1.4 including the registry file that was posted several months ago on the net-integration forum. I did this in safe mode. I then did a clean download of 1.4 and installed it. Again advanced mode, check cookies and the unchecked cookies are not deleted.

Any suggestions?

David

Zenobia
2005-11-12, 02:31
I am using advanced mode and have everything checked in settings/file sets except usage tracking

In file sets,the cookies.sbi says it is for tracking cookies.That just finds tracking cookies,they come up red.
If the cookies you want removed are ordinary,nontracking cookies,then they come up to be deleted when you have usage tracking checked(it comes up as cookies,and is green.)
If you do want green cookies removed(except the ones checked to be ignored,of course),and you didn't want the rest of the tracks removed,you could check usage tracking in file sets,then just check the green cookies to be fixed at the end of a scan,and ignore everything else that comes up green.

dkkit
2005-11-12, 04:57
I did not know the difference between the two colors of cookies. It works now.

David

Zenobia
2005-11-12, 05:01
oops.double post.

Zenobia
2005-11-12, 05:02
You're welcome. :)

WildcatRay
2005-11-16, 17:21
So, can I conclude that in the "Ignore cookies" section of Spybot 1.4, if the cookies are shown in "red," this means they are tracking cookies?