PDA

View Full Version : Spybot S&D 1.6: No Icon in System Tray

DennisL
2008-08-10, 01:09
Just installed version 1.6 on two identical H-P desktop computers running Windows XP with SP3.

The Spybot S&D icon shows in the system tray on one computer, but not the other.

When I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up Task Manager, it shows TeaTimer running on both computers.

Help.

2008-08-10, 05:09
open spybot on the one that does not have the teatimer icon. Choose mode-advanced mode. Click yes. Go to tools-resident. Uncheck teatimer protection over all systems active. Then wait 1 minute. Check it again. Close spybot and restart, does the icon show up now? If not maybe a uninstall/reinstall is needed. Hope that helps, let me know! :)

DennisL
2008-08-14, 01:57
I have tried what you suggested, including uninstall/reinstall. Still no icon in the system tray.

What now?

Thanks.

DennisL
2008-08-21, 00:47
Further update on this: I have installed all of the updates for August 20th. On the one computer, the S&D icon still does not appear in the system tray. In addition, now whenever this one computer is started up, I get an error box that says:

"Application Error - Exception EOutOfResources in module TeaTimer.exe at 000468FC. Cannot create shell notification icon."

Can the technical gurus at Spybot or anyone else shed some light on what might be going here?

Again, this happens on only one of two identical HP Pavillion Slimline s7310n PCs in the same office running Windows XP SP3 and identically configured.

Thanks in advance.

spybotsandra
2008-08-21, 17:04
Hello,

There is a new TeaTimer beta (http://www.spybotupdates.biz/files/beta/TeaTimer.exe-1.6.2.23.zip) available that you might like to test.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

DennisL
2008-08-22, 01:23
Just tried the TeaTimer beta. Still the same application error message and no icon in the system tray.