PDA

View Full Version : Cursor Frozen: HELP!!!

devin104
2008-08-10, 13:51
Yesterday my Cursor froze on my computer screen. It is still frozen and I need help to fix it.

I am using Windows XP

I have checked to be certain the batteries in my wireless mouse are good.

I have deleted all temporary files and cookies although maneuvering the tab and arrow functions to do this was very time consuming. I also went to my control panel and ran the "troubleshoot" function for my mouse.

I do not know why my cursor froze or why it remains frozen and am afraid that perhaps my computer is infected. :oops:

Would you please advise me as to what I should do to repair my frozen cursor?

Thank you

Devin

Zenobia
2008-08-10, 18:34
Do you have another mouse you could try,and see if that works?

drragostea
2008-08-10, 20:17
I had a similar experience with my Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000. I used some [Energizer] Lithium batteries and died within some 2-3 months of usage.

I don't believe that malware can actually disable the mouse itself from movement (although it is not impossible).

Like Zenobia said, another mouse will do. Can you spare another pair of batteries and see if that works?

I usually keep a wired mouse (USB) in case the wireless one fails.

devin104
2008-08-10, 21:58
I do not have another mouse. I was hoping to find out what if anything was wrong with the mouse I already have before purchasing another mouse.

thank you

Devin

Zenobia
2008-08-11, 05:23
If you have a friend that could spare a mouse,you could check to see if that works.

Along with drragostea's post,could you let us know what kind of mouse you have?
Maybe try going to start->run,then type or paste in devmgmt.msc.Click the plus sign next to Mice and other pointing devices.Any yellow triangles there?

Also,if you can alt-tab your way to Start -> Control Panel -> Mouse -> Hardware tab,what does it say next to device status?
If there is a devices tab there,is it enabled?

devin104
2008-08-15, 22:26
I went a purchased a new mouse.

It seems now to work ok

thank you

Devin

Zenobia
2008-08-16, 06:14
That's good.Sometimes,with mice,that's the easiest way to go. :)