PDA

View Full Version : website "Address Not Found" under 1.6

MikeMcD
2008-08-11, 00:13
Since I got automatically upgraded from 1.5.2 to 1.6 (and this is the only system change I've made recently) I get the following browser error messages often (whereas I never got it under 1.5) when trying to go to websites:

BEGIN COPY AND PASTE--------------------------

Address Not Found

webmail.earthlink.net could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.

* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. ww.mozilla.org instead of www.mozilla.org)
* Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

END OF COPY AND PASTE-----------------------------

These are webites I go to all the time, like my mail server. There's a "try again" button which sometimes gets me to the websites after multiple tries. I have not noticed any pattern as to which websites get blocked. I can eventually get to the desired website, but this is a real pain.

I'm planning on going back to 1.5 because of the slowness issue, but I have not had time yet....
Has anyone else experienced this with 1.6?
Any ideas or fixes on this?

Thanks in advance

drragostea
2008-08-11, 02:06
I do not seem to have any problems connecting to the site you mentioned (a secure connection). In addition, SDHelper does not seem to be the culprit as it applies (protection) to Internet Explorer.

Have you configured Spybot-SD, or did you just leave it as it was after the installation?

What Internet connection are you using (dial-up, DSL, wireless)?

What is your Operating System?

Have you attempted to connect to the site using Internet Explorer?