PDA

View Full Version : Excessive balloon alerts in new version

cmerch19602003
2008-08-12, 09:43
1.6.0.30 version just installed.

Resident is showing excessive balloon alerts from the system tray.

Alerting to system process scans constantly. Can't find any setting to shut them off. :scratch: They are appearing several times per minute sometimes. :hair:

Very annoying. :eek:

How can I shut them off? :trample:

P.S. Great job guys. This is only the second complaint I've had in six years using S & D, and I'm not easy to please! :wink:

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-12, 09:50
cmerch19602003:

Right click on TeaTimer's icon (actually titled "Spybot-SD Resident") which should be present in the taskbar notification area (system tray) and uncheck "Show info balloons" by clicking on it.

brain
2008-08-16, 02:57
That doesnt help, popups keep comming.

I posted this problem before but it looks like noone wants to beleive me.

Greyfox
2008-08-16, 03:31
That doesnt help, popups keep comming.

I posted this problem before but it looks like noone wants to beleive me.

Yes you did, but then you never replied to the post by md usa spybot fan who was trying to help you.

If you decide to do so, please indicate what operating system and exactly what versions of Spybot and Teatimer you are using.

Higain
2008-08-19, 08:34
I am running a dual-boot Ubuntu 8.04 and Win XP SP3 box and am having the same problem as the OP (when running in XP). I have unchecked the balloons option on the right-click menu for Tea Timer but still get those annoying balloons. (Annoying because it makes the toolbar cover up the bottom of whatever program I'm running every time it pops up.)

I am running Spybot S&D 1.6.0.30 and "system settings protector" (is that Tea Timer?) 1.6.1.22.

Any ideas on how to neutralize the balloons while keeping Tea Timer at work?

Thanks for the help, people!

Greyfox
2008-08-19, 18:33
Highgain,

There is yet another beta/preview release for Teatimer which may help, see

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=224822&postcount=94