PDA

View Full Version : What is considered to get added to Spybot's hosts list?

antdude
2008-08-12, 21:36
I have a question.

What gets added to Spybot's hosts list to be blocked? I was wondering why doubleclick.net and google-analytics.com are not on the list.

Thank you in advnace. :)

drragostea
2008-08-12, 22:26
They're not really "malicious" in a way (doubleclick site), but there might be some pop-ups.

Spybot-SD (in my perspective) adds sites to the HOSTS file that is most malicious (nefarious?), as this includes changed browser settings upon visiting the site, or malicious drive-by-downloads.

Doubleclick would be a [tracking] cookie. So it is nothing really of any concern, as it does not have the potential to do any harm/damage.

antdude
2008-08-12, 22:34
They're not really "malicious" in a way (doubleclick site), but there might be some pop-ups.

Spybot-SD (in my perspective) adds sites to the HOSTS file that is most malicious (nefarious?), as this includes changed browser settings upon visiting the site, or malicious drive-by-downloads.

Doubleclick would be a [tracking] cookie. So it is nothing really of any concern, as it does not have the potential to do any harm/damage.Ah OK. Thanks.

drragostea
2008-08-12, 23:01
You're welcome. I hoped I cleared your doubts. If there are any other questions, feel free to ask.