PDA

View Full Version : Windows Error Report after S&D 1.6 install in XP?

JeanLucAjrarn
2008-08-13, 17:45
Hello :)

i just installed S&D 1.6 on my XP system, and when i restarted i got a Windows Error Message.

Problem caused by Spybot - Search & Destroy

This problem was caused by Spybot - Search & Destroy.

Recommendation

Support for this product is community-based. Typically, this type of support group offers information and resources in a forum format, addressing issues other users have experienced with Spybot - Search & Destroy. In the forum, you can research existing solutions to your current problem, or you can ask the group a question about the problem.

To access the support group, go online to the following website:

PepiMK Software

Same thing when i restarted again.

Anything i should do about it?
Thank you! :)
Jean-Luc

kd4orz
2008-08-13, 19:33
I just recently upgraded to 1.6 and I have the same trouble. Settings protector shuts down. I'm tempted to uninstall the current version and go back to 1.5

snowboarder
2008-08-13, 22:10
I had the same problem. The error message was entitled System Settings Protector.

beemerphill
2008-08-28, 23:59
I'm getting exactly the same message. Will watch this thread for any help or ideas. I hope some of the experts pick up on it.

D.M.Stapf
2008-08-29, 13:45
I hope someone addresses this problem soon.

Greyfox
2008-08-29, 16:08
JeanLucAjrarn, kd4orz, snowboarder, beemerphill, D.M.Stapf

See:-
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=33088
and
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=33258

What Antivirus system are you each running? In fact how about providing some basic information, like what operating systems you have, what service packs, CPU type & speed, memory size, firewall software, other installed antispyware etc. Another important thing missing is exactly what version of the Systems setting protector (Teatimer) are you running -= 1.6.2.??

beemerphill
2008-08-29, 17:37
GreyFox,
Thanks for jumping in! Here's some info on my computer.
Averatec 3270 laptop
AMD Sempron 2800+
512 MB-80 GB
XP Home SP3
AVG 8.0.169
Spybot 1.6.0.31
Windows Firewall is ON

I am afraid that I am not a "computer person". I just download the latest version of AVG and Spybot and let them take care of my security needs.
If there is any further info that would help you, let me know what it is and where to find it.
Thanks again for helping,
beemerphill