PDA

View Full Version : spybot 1.6 problem

DragonFan
2008-08-14, 05:20
i've just installed updated detections when i tried to run the scan it had hundreds of temp files needing to be cleared out and the scan said

user scan aborted and when i got to immuize it had a error pop up telling me to close firefox i have no idea what could have possibly caused it both the scan and the immuization both got killed off becuase of something that wrecked it so i uninstalled it and i don't know what could have caused it.

drragostea
2008-08-14, 06:10
When Spybot-SD 1.6.0.30 starts it will run a check on the quantity of temp. files in the Temp. folder. Generally, the more temp. files equals longer scanning time.

The prompt you received was not an error, but just Spybot telling you that you have the Firefox browser open during Immunization. What this means is that when you there will be problems if you Immunize during a Firefox session.

There's no need to uninstall Spybot-SD if you ask questions. : )

Did that clear your doubt?

DragonFan
2008-08-14, 13:21
When Spybot-SD 1.6.0.30 starts it will run a check on the quantity of temp. files in the Temp. folder. Generally, the more temp. files equals longer scanning time.

The prompt you received was not an error, but just Spybot telling you that you have the Firefox browser open during Immunization. What this means is that when you there will be problems if you Immunize during a Firefox session.

well it's just it cleared one problem meaning the immuize but the scan in spybot didn't go through all the way it stated User Scan Aborted the scan did not complete.i have no idea what that means.

DragonFan
2008-08-15, 03:35

also i didn't know that it would need the temp files cleared out i thought it was not necessary to do that.