PDA

View Full Version : Spybot 1.6 but no balloon tooltips

Angel12Dark
2008-08-14, 15:05
Hello, I am actually new here, but I kind of have a problem with the new Spybot 1.6 and the TeaTimer, hoping you can help me. I have spybot 1.6 upgraded and have all the nice features except when I turn the Tea Timer on I don't get a balloon tooltip instead I get a box on what was blocked or allowed for that matter, so I am hoping how do I get the balloon tooltip instead of the box that I have been having. Also I'm using Window XP.

Thank you

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-14, 16:29
Angel12Dark:

If you downloaded the Spybot 1.6 installation file (spybotsd160.exe) from one on the mirror sites, it is possible that you have TeaTimer 1.6.0.20. That version did not have the information balloons. There have been at least two (2) beta versions of TeaTimer released since then that issue the information balloons:
Teatimer 1.6.1.21
Teatimer 1.6.1.22
TeaTimer 1.6.1.21 was offered as a download (http://www.spybotupdates.com/files/beta/TeaTimer-beta-1.6.1.21.zip).

Teatimer 1.6.1.22 was offered as a beta update within Spybot 1.6 (see note below), but looks like it is no longer available that way.

I believe Team Spybot is working on yet another version of TeaTimer. So maybe you should wait before installing a beta version now.

Note: To get beta updates, go into Spybot » Mode » Advanced mode » Settings » Settings. Scroll down in options tree until you get to "Web update". Check the following item.
Display available beta versions.

Angel12Dark
2008-08-14, 19:44
OK thank you for the help I'll look into the download and see how it goes. :)