PDA

View Full Version : Log File Not Responding: Right Click Show Log

infomagick
2008-08-14, 19:41
I used to get a log file when I right clicked the Task Bar icon and clicked "Show Log," now nothing happens. Everything else works perfectly and the file is in Program Data\Spybot. I am using Vista SP1. Any ideas on how to get this functionality back short of re-installing? I am using 1.6.0.

Thanks!

Tom.K
2008-08-14, 20:11
Can you go to "Spybot-S&D > Tools > Resident" and see if there are some entries in textbox like:
"12:45:23 AM Allowed C:\etc..."

About using "Show log": "Show Log" works if there where some changes (like denying registry entry,allowing ActiveX entry ...) made by TeaTimer.

infomagick
2008-08-14, 20:20
Can you go to "Spybot-S&D > Tools > Resident" and see if there are some entries in textbox like:
"12:45:23 AM Allowed C:\etc..."

About using "Show log": "Show Log" works if there where some changes (like denying registry entry,allowing ActiveX entry ...) made by TeaTimer.
Hey Tom, Thanks for replying. I got impatient and just re-installed before I saw your post, it seems to be working fine for now. The problem may have occured when 1.6.0 was announced; I mistakenly downloaded it instead of just updating and re-installed into the existing folder (leaving everything the same). This time, I manually deleted the directory after running the Spybot S&D uninstaller, ran CCleaner, and things are looking good right now. Again, thanks for your time. :)