PDA

View Full Version : Problems

mashed_monster
2008-08-15, 22:24
Hi, I usually have a nice clean laptop after using S&D, I've now had errors in the log and have no clue how to fix them.

I'm running XP, have Avira AV, SpywareBlaster, Adaware 2008 and Search and Destroy, I've ran an AV scan and it's not found anything.

I don't use peer to peer filesharing and have no idea where this has come from.

The log is as follows, I'd be grateful for any help someone can give me:

C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Delf.Spool.cn | <$SYSDIR>\ntdoss04.sys
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | FlashExploit | <$WINDIR>\Tasks\SysFile.brk
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Haxdoor.hm | <$FILE_LIBRARY>
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Haxdoor.hm | <$FILE_LIBRARY>
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Haxdoor.hm | <$FILE_EXE>
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Haxdoor.hm | <$FILE_DATA>
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Haxdoor.hm | <$FILE_DATA>
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Haxdoor.hm | <$FILE_SYSTEM>
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Win32.Agent.frl | <$FILE_SYSTEM>
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Win32.Agent.frl | <$FILE_EXE>
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | FakeUPSInvoice | <$SYSDIR>\userini.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Delf.Spool.cn | <$SYSDIR>\ntdoss04.sys
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | FlashExploit | <$WINDIR>\Tasks\SysFile.brk
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Haxdoor.hm | <$FILE_EXE>
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Haxdoor.hm | <$FILE_SYSTEM>
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Win32.Agent.frl | <$FILE_SYSTEM>
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\Trojans.sbi | Win32.Agent.frl | <$FILE_EXE>
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | FakeUPSInvoice | <$SYSDIR>\userini.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | Win32.GGDoor | <$SYSDIR>\userints.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | Zlob.DNSChanger | <$FILE_EXE>
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | Zlob.DNSChanger | <$FILE_EXE>
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi | Zlob.DNSChanger.rtk | <$FILE_EXE>

Thanks in advance:)

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-15, 23:21
mashed_monster:

You are running an old version of Spybot and those errors are being reported because the current detection rules are incompatable with the old version. To correct the problem, upgrade to Spybot 1.6.

I suggest you uninstall your current version of Spybot according to the instructions in How to uninstall? (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/56.html). After you have uninstalled, please make sure that you download and run this very small fix (http://www.safer-networking.org/files/remove-spybotsd-settings.reg) to ensure that the registry entries for Spybot have been deleted. Then reinstall using the spybotsd160.exe installation program that can be downloaded from Mirror selection - The home of Spybot-S&D! (http://www.spybot.info/en/mirrors/index.html).

mashed_monster
2008-08-16, 00:00
Hi there,

Thanks for your help, but I'm a bit daft:)

How do I run the fix? I've clicked the link and it just opens in Firefox as some registry entries?

Thanks again for your help

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-16, 06:22
mashed_monster:

... download and run this very small fix (http://www.safer-networking.org/files/remove-spybotsd-settings.reg) to ensure that the registry entries for Spybot have been deleted. ...
To download: Right click on the download link, select "Save file to disk", "Save to disk" or whatever the option is in Firefox.

To run: Double click on the saved "remove-spybotsd-settings.reg" file and answer "Yes" then "OK".

Zenobia
2008-08-16, 06:45
In Firefox,it should be:"Save Link As..." :)

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-16, 06:51
Zenobia:

Thank you.

Zenobia
2008-08-16, 06:55
You're welcome. :) :)

mashed_monster
2008-08-16, 12:22
Thanks for your help, all working now and S&D has cleaned 2 tracking cookies.

One last question which, I just wondered exactly what the log file is telling me, in my blind panic last night I thought that all the items in the log were present on my laptop and that S&D was unable to fix them.

However, I think I've now realised that in fact it means it hasn't been able to check for them......is that correct?

Just so that I've got a clearer idea of what's going on in future:oops:

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-16, 14:49
mashed_monster:

Please post the log you are talking about.

mashed_monster
2008-08-17, 22:02
It's the one in my first post:)

Thanks!

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-17, 22:55
mashed_monster:

It's the one in my first post:)
I'm sorry. I misinterpreted what "… what the log file is telling me …" as a current log not the old log you originally posted.

I thought that was covered. The errors on the log file you posted indicated:

… You are (were) running an old version of Spybot and those errors are (were) being reported because the current detection rules are incompatible with the old version.....