PDA

View Full Version : Never ending cascade of Registry change denied windows...HELP

Meezers
2008-08-16, 16:40
:oops: I know I caused this by clicking the remember this decission box but how do I stop it?

I think this may have been caused by my installing a old Family tree maker last week on my user account. This is happening on my sons account. He said last monday Spybot asked him about allowing a change...he knows not what but he approved it...then spybot asked about another change he denied it...then when spybot asked again he logged off and never said a word about it. Last night he logged on to check his email and spybot was asking again so he left it up for me to see this morning.

I researched the value changes it wanted to make to the System Startup global...these were .dll files. I learned they are necessary so I denied the changes....I think there were four or five that wanted to change. These are the ones that are cascading the denied change:

oleaut32.dll
hlink.dll
urlmon.dll
IE3_RegSvr_actxprxy.dll
IE 3.0 RegSvr schannel.dll

I am on a newer Vista computer and this is not an administrator account. When I installed the family tree maker on my administrator account I did not receive any of these warnings of changes to the registry. Did they happen automatically?

Thank you for any help that will fix us up again. I am not computer savy so keep it simple please :red:

Meezers
2008-08-16, 17:03
Trying to save myself I found this topic http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=33

I went into teatimer and deleted all the Blocked Registry changes entries and stopped the cascade buit I still have a never ending request to change:

Category: System Startup global entry
Change: Value deleted
Entry: IE 3.0 RegSvr schannel.dll

Entry: IE3_RegSvr_actxprxy.dll

Entry:Register urlmon.dll

Entry:Register hlink.dll

Entry:Register oleaut32.dll

I am guessing that if it keeps asking and won't accept my decission that I have to allow the changes???

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-16, 19:02
Meezers:

What version of Spybot - Search & Destroy are you running (Spybot » Help » About)?

Meezers
2008-08-18, 16:54

spybotsandra
2008-08-18, 17:59
Hello,

Please upgrade your program, version 1.6 is available!
Just install over the old version.
You can download the new version here:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

DailyGrind74
2008-12-13, 05:01
Trying to save myself I found this topic http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=33

I went into teatimer and deleted all the Blocked Registry changes entries and stopped the cascade buit I still have a never ending request to change:

Entry: IE 3.0 RegSvr schannel.dll

Entry: IE3_RegSvr_actxprxy.dll

Entry:Register urlmon.dll

Entry:Register hlink.dll

Entry:Register oleaut32.dll

I am guessing that if it keeps asking and won't accept my decission that I have to allow the changes???

I began to get the same series of Spybot Alerts concerning the same series of registry changes, and began just "denying" the proposed changes, finally checking off the box to instruct Spybot to "remember" my decision. The next time I booted up, the alerts did not resurface.

Rick