PDA

View Full Version : Please help me protect these files!

stefanraev
2008-08-17, 09:15
After i updated today (8/17/08), I pressed immunized and got the some unprotected files. Then of course to protect these files, i pressed the Immunize with the green cross, some files became protected but many were left out and it is the first time this has happened, how can i fix this problem, please help thank you!!!

Here is a snapshot of what it looks like: (if you can't see there is a link)
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j191/stefans_bad2003/snapshot.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j191/stefans_bad2003/snapshot.jpg

Greyfox
2008-08-17, 10:28
After i updated today (8/17/08), I pressed immunized and got the some unprotected files. Then of course to protect these files, i pressed the Immunize with the green cross, some files became protected but many were left out and it is the first time this has happened, how can i fix this problem, please help thank you!!!

Stephan,

You don't say what operating system you have, or what version of Spybot you are using. If it's not the latest version (1.6.0.30 or 31), uninstall it completely and then reinstall the current version.

Otherwise make sure your browsers are closed (not in use), start Spybot, go to the immunise page, click on Undo to remove all of the immunisation, then click on Immunise again.

Hope that helps

drragostea
2008-08-17, 17:38
The screenshot closely represents a Vista Operating System. To add on to that, I'm betting it is version 1.6. The "brick" "building" animation did not appear until version 1.5.x of Spybot-Search&Destroy and the 'Secure Domain' in the IE entry did not appear until version 1.6.x.

stefanraev, go to the Immunize tab and click on "Immunize" again. If this does not work Undo the Immunization and Redo it. Do you have any browsers open during this process?

Also do you have any other software that might "lockdown" the HOSTS file? ZoneAlarm and Webroot Spysweeper to name one.

stefanraev
2008-08-17, 18:50
Hello again, sorry for not being specific, I was just stressed out. Thank you both for the help. This is what i specifically did after reading the replies:

1. I had all browsers closed.
2. I pressed "Undo" for the immunization.
3. Then pressed the Immunization at the left panel which then brought up around 34,000 unprotected.
4. I then pressed the Immunization buttong with the green cross and I am still back at 28,000 like before.

I also am not sure if I have any other programs that might lock down the HOSTS, I only have AVG 8.0 Free, Ad-Aware Personal 2009, and Spybot... There seems to be a problem in the IE Security Domains because those are the files not being protected.

Thank you for everything in advance and all the help is greatly appreciated!!

Greyfox
2008-08-18, 02:19
stefanraev,

You still haven't said what operating system you are running or which version of Spybot you have. drragostea's assumption (vista and Spybot >= 1.5) may well be correct, but there is no point making assumptions when you can provide the correct information.

stefanraev
2008-08-18, 08:56
i am running the newest version of spybot and windows vista home premium

Greyfox
2008-08-18, 09:42
i am running the newest version of spybot and windows vista home premium

Stefan,
Are you running Spybot as an Administrator, or under a user account.
Try starting Spybot by right clicking on the icon and using the Run as option to run it as an Administrator, then try to immunise again.

I agree with you, the problem would seem to relate to the Domains and secure domains in Internet Explorer. If the above doesn't help you may need to look closer at IE settings.

stefanraev
2008-08-18, 21:20
Thank you so much Greyfox, I ran it as an Administrator and it protected all of the files and it is perfect now. I never have to do that kind of stuff on my XP, Vista is awkward.