PDA

View Full Version : Caught Two Viruses But Cant Get Rid Of Them?

x_charlie_babiie_x
2008-08-17, 22:52
Recently my pc caught two viruses, i have no idea what they are or how i got them.
I was wondering if anybody could help me get rid of them.

Many thanks.
Charlie.

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-17, 23:17
x_charlie_babiie_x (Charlie):

Please provide some details. What indication do have that you "... caught two viruses ...".

x_charlie_babiie_x
2008-08-18, 23:06

Please provide some details. What indication do have that you "... caught two viruses ...".

A few times a week my pc does a virus check and it came up that i had two viruses.
I have no idea what to do.
Im worried i will lose all my personal things as last time i got a virus it hacked every account i had if i logged onto them.

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-18, 23:39

... my pc does a virus check and it came up that i had two viruses. I have no idea what to do. ...
What anti-virus product are you using? What were the actual detections (a log from your anti-virus product would help).

x_charlie_babiie_x
2008-08-19, 11:41

What anti-virus product are you using? What were the actual detections (a log from your anti-virus product would help).

Im using AVG, i have no idea about computers so i dont know how to find any kind of log.

x_charlie_babiie_x
2008-08-19, 15:12
Ive done a virus scan but it wont let me copy and paste what the pc has found.
Its found over 4 threats.

drragostea
2008-08-19, 17:53
The Spybot-S&D New or Undetected forum is for you to post if you have spyware or malware on your computer that maybe you want us to detect.

Do go ahead and report new or undetected spyware or malware here.
What version of AVG are you using? AVG should have given you an option to save a log, unless you are not aware of it or you cannot find it.

In post #2, you mentioned about your accounts are getting "hacked". If this was confirmed (how? changed settings and passwords?) then this could be serious. It can be a possible keylogger.

I don't use AVG anymore so I'm not so familiar with the interface, but I remember there should be a "History' option in the program.