PDA

View Full Version : It got me too D=

The Alpha Gamer
2008-08-18, 02:37
Ok so a few days ago i got a pop up from Norton saying it had found a virus and that the file couldn't be repaired, since then, Window's automatic updates have turned themselves off and i couldn't turn them back on, my mum managed to get them back on this morning though, my computer keeps freezing alot, alot of webpages wont load for me, and my internet is going really slow (It's gonna take me 3 hours to download something that should only take an hour and a half). I've done several scans with Norton but it doesn't find anything, my mum's rung Norton and they say they'll get rid of the virus if we pay them extra =|

I've checked Norton's logs and it says

Source: C:\Documents and Settings\Sally\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\PWROUXXI\kb111653[1]
Click for more information about this threat : Downloader
Source: C:\Documents and Settings\Sally\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1C5QDZL9\kb111653[1]
Source: C:\Documents and Settings\Sally\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\PWROUXXI\kb111653[1]
Source: C:\Documents and Settings\Sally\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\URY4AQF8\kb111653[1]
Source: C:\Documents and Settings\RJ\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\5KREPJ2D\kb111653[1]

Each made a pop up come up twice, first to say Norton couldn't repair the file, second time to say that access has been denied. And everytime i check the log, there's a new entry everyday

Now as you can see, it's the same file everytime. I've copied and pasted the source(without the actual filename) into Windows Explorer, looked through there and found a file with the file name kb111653[1], i've deleted it and emptied the recycle bin but it hasn't fixed anything. Also i checked the registry, search for that filename and it had two results.

How can i get my pc back to normal?

I've gone 3 days now without the website i spend all day on =[

tashi
2008-08-18, 04:59
Hello.

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Start a new topic providing the HJT log and a link to this thread, which I have closed as helpers look for threads without a response.

Best regards.