PDA

View Full Version : Can't fix WinAntivirusPro2007 and WildTangent

blogaibernukas
2008-08-18, 02:47
My version is the latest, I have just updated everything and immunized it, are these things dangerous? what do I do?

I would like to upgrade to Service Pack 3 but I've read that I need to make sure my computer is completely free. Are these two not the kind I need to worry about? Am I good to go?

Thank you

drragostea
2008-08-18, 03:22
The WildTangent application is considered a PUP (Possibly unwanted program), which in other words will be up to the user to decide whether it should stay on their systems. You can take a look at the link below and reconsider your decision :santa::
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=2313
--

As for 'WinAntiVirusPro 2007', it is malware. Spybot-SD does detect WinAntiVirus Pro 2006, but I am not sure if it can detect the variant of it.

Do you have any other anti-virus/spyware applications? If so, then you should run a scan with it.

blogaibernukas
2008-08-18, 03:41
I have AVG but it does not detect it. I also have installed HijackThis because I just got rid of Virtumond with the help of the forum, but as I'm not very computer savvy I cannot use HijackThis by myself.

Can you give me any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you so much!

drragostea
2008-08-18, 03:53
Well do you see any "balloon popups"? Or the WinAntiVirus Pro GUI? I was just suggesting that you can download a reputable, good anti-spyware program and see if that detects it.

Or you can choose to visit the Malware Forums again.

WinAntiVirus Pro is a rogue malware program, which uses aggressive marketing tactics to force the user to purchase their... junk.

Please post back with your response.

Edit: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=32555

I forgot to take a look at your thread. I'm hoping Pskelly will assist you with your question too (this thread).

blogaibernukas
2008-08-18, 03:57
Well, for now I'm not seeing any popups. Does it mean it's not active anymore? As for a good spyware, forgive me if I'm confused, but I use SpyBot, should I try and install something in addition to that? Adaware? What do you recommend?

Thank you

drragostea
2008-08-18, 04:01
I am not leaning toward AdAware side (not suggesting either), but just suggesting that you'll need another anti-spyware program. Spybot is one for example.

Don't worry, Pskelly will assist you with that question too. All you need to do is ask. :santa: