PDA

View Full Version : IE Won't start/Run Properly

larrya
2008-08-18, 20:31
I am using Ver 1.6 of S&D; recent upgrade from 1.4 (& used the posted recommended procedure to undo quarantines, stop bkgrnd processes and uninstall 1.4, then reboot, then install 1.6) .

System scan w 1.6 found a number of malware incidents and cookies. I quarantined all that was found. Still having same problem w IE: each time I try to open an IE window, I get two or more incidents of IE, one IE window trying to take over the foreground but can't; none of these connect to Internet. Still getting nag messages from Windows Explorer [not IE] telling me that there's a trojan on my system and to download their malware preventer. It's very persistent on subsequent screens. (Seems to be the IEExplore trojan caused by Zlog, or so S&D reported originally). It's the same thing that moved me to downloaded S&D.

When I rerun S&D, it reports no problems. There's obviously a problem. Now what??:sad:

tashi
2008-08-19, 09:04
Hello.

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Start a new topic providing the HJT log, I will then close this one as helpers look for threads without a response.

Regards.