PDA

View Full Version : Spybot keeps saying "user abort" during scan

Justician
2008-08-18, 21:30
I am trying to clean up my husband's computer, which was taking ages to copy CD files in iTunes. Last night, spybot detected 2 copies of hupigon13. I also got a message saying that there was a problem and that I should check a log file for more information. I could not find any way to access a log file, and ended up outside the program. I re-started and left the program running overnight, expecting to clear out hupigon13 today. When I got to the computer, there was no spybot open, so I restarted it. Now it says "user abort" shortly after starting the scan. I have, needless to say, done nothing of the sort. Any ideas?

2008-08-19, 00:14
scanning with spybot in safe mode? That might help. Also, user abort usually means "someone" canceled the scan. It is also possible that maybe an infection stopped the scan.

_yuyu_
2008-08-19, 17:48
Justician

What version of Spybot do you use?
There was exactly the same problem on my PC until I updated to v.1.6
Now it's OK

hupigon13onmypc
2008-09-23, 05:29
I cannot install version 1.6 on my work cpu b/c i do not have admin rights.

with version 1.4 installed I restarted in safe mode & ran SpyBot S&D. I received the same error.

Any suggestions on how I can remove hupigon13 with version 1.4?

spybotsandra
2008-09-23, 12:02
Hello,

That was a false positive in the old versions.

By the way..... Spybot Search and Destroy is only free for the private use.
Please have a look at the license agreement (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/paragraphs/spybotsd_license1.html).

Corporate users need to purchase a license.
Some more information is available on www.safer-networking.ie

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot