PDA

View Full Version : Win32.DNSChanger

bmacpherson
2008-08-19, 00:15
This has probably been kicked around a lot. I am new here, and would like help getting rid of: "Win32.DNSChanger: "Spybot" didn't finish the job.
Anyone? Thanks Bob

tashi
2008-08-19, 00:37
Hello.

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Start a new topic providing the HJT log and a link to this thread, which I will then close as helpers look for threads without a response.

Cheers.

bmacpherson
2008-08-19, 00:49
Thanks Tasha: I read through some of the threads, and was able to get the help I needed to remove the beast. At least it seems to be gone, because the comp is running much better.

bmacpherson
2008-08-19, 00:58
Earlier today I went through some threads and found someone who had had the same problem and was able to follow their correction proceedure. I neglected to record who it was. The proceedure got rid of the virus, for which I am very appreciative. Many many thanks Bob MacPherson

tashi
2008-08-19, 02:42
Hello,

Earlier today I went through some threads and found someone who had had the same problem and was able to follow their correction proceedure. I neglected to record who it was. The proceedure got rid of the virus, for which I am very appreciative. Many many thanks Bob MacPherson
Now I have to post the disclaimer. ;)

Until a helper responds, the HJT log has not been analyzed. Please wait to be advised and don't run fixes until asked.This is especially important if your Operating System is Windows Vista!!

ComboFix is not a general purpose cleaning tool, please do not use this tool without supervision.

Please note that all instructions given are customized for that member's computer only, the tools used may cause damage if run on a computer with different infections. Your symptoms may only appear to be similar.

Safe surfing. :)

bmacpherson
2008-08-20, 02:00
Yesterday, I foolishly thought I had shaken off this beast. I should have waited for professional help as we are advised. 'MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
didn't even detect it. S&D finds it, but doesn't remove it.

I am ready for a step by step proceedure, if I may have one. Many Thanks
- Bob

tashi
2008-08-20, 16:37
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=32913