PDA

View Full Version : Cookies-question...

hans_peter
2008-08-20, 09:41
In none of my cookies-directionaries are just now any cookies. Why are there hundreds of them in Spybot S&D after scanning?
/hans peter

drragostea
2008-08-20, 21:26
In none of my cookies-directionaries are just now any cookies.

Hello Peter. Can you explain that again? I don't quite understand it.

Spybot is detected "hundreds" of them (cookies) because there are virtually "hundreds" of them in your browser. You can choose to remove it by Spybot or you can manually clear them using your browser settings.

hans_peter
2008-08-21, 10:08
Sorry! Vague saying is vague thinking...
I cleared the cookies-directory under Documents and Settings manually but the cookies still remained in SpyBot under Ignore cookies. Pondering over this I have now tried to delete them manually from the Temporary Internet Files-directory. And now they have disappeared also from SpyBot.
You can choose to remove it by Spybot How?
Kind regards and thanks for your answer
/hans peter

md usa spybot fan
2008-08-21, 15:12
hans_peter:

Deleting persistant cookies with Spybot:

The normal (default) Spybot scan only checks for tracking cookies. To delete other persistant cookies you must check for "Usage Tracks".

When you go into Spybot » Mode » Advanced mode » Settings » File Sets. The last two items are "Usage Tracks". The first of these two items (Usage Tracking) lists IE Cache (temporary internet files), Common Dialogs, Cookie, History and some Logs during a "Check for problems".

With "Usage Tracking" checked in File Sets when you do a "Check for problems", the item listed in green as Cookie are the normal (non tracking cookies) found in the system. If you check that item before doing a "Fix selected problems" the cookies not checked in "Ignore cookies" should be deleted.

To ignore selected cookies from being purged:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Ignore cookies > check any cookies that you want to keep.

To delete IE Cache (temporary internet files) and cookies I personally use the following:
IE Privacy Keeper
http://browsertools.net/IE-Privacy-Keeper/
Direct link to download:
IEPrivacyKeeperSetup.exe (http://browsertools.net/downloads/IEPrivacyKeeperSetup.exe)